blast from the past..
Back into the swing of normal this week! No more traveling to 2 hospitals with work, which means I can enjoy lunch and work friends again. Has your weekend been unseasonably warm too? No complaining about 70 degrees but fleece weather is my favorite. I went out running in shorts & tshirt this weekend, couldn't believe I was hot & sweating! I'm "kind of" training for the st louis marathon in April. I'm pretty on schedule, but running solo this time is not as fun. I did 2 hours this weekend, had a good run, but was getting kind of bored... Calling all running friends!! Even for a mile or two...Anytime!
One of my very best friends had a birthday this weekend... Along with
Becky's sweet tribute I want to say Happy Birthday Sarah!! Its not too often you have a best friend from 6 years old all the way to 27 years old. I look up to this dear friend, and its amazing how we've grown together and kept parallel experiences throughout life. She even came to Memphis with Becky after my ski accident, and spent over a week being my nurse, mom, and BFF. I can't wait till were roomies in StLouis, sometime 2006! 27 is going to be awesome Sarah ;)And last... Guess who finally got a photo scanner this weekend?! Oh yes, a picture can be worth a thousand words, especially when they're oldies. Love you friends!!

Still Girl-Pals ~ Rebekah (Runcie) Glisson, Rachel (Stevens) Pleasant, Maria (Schwenker) Moore, Hannah (still) Stevens

I love this page in my photobook because I love these friends so much. Camp-Neotez every summer since 8! Rach, Rebekah, Sarah, Becky, Jen, Ria.. 1994 I think.
and still clownin' around.. Guess Who?

11 Comments:
Happy Birthday Sarah! Mary Jane and I have loved the few times we've hung out with you. Great conversations and good laughs. Can't wait to visit you and Han in St. Louis.
Hannah--I'm up for joining you on some runs. I did 2 tonight with some walking in between.
Nice job matt! Law school starts up again tomorrow, right? When you're ready to run off some stress at night, I'm your partner. Can you push your tiny fiance in the running stroller? At least one night this week lets go! woohoo!!
Oh my! Hannah got a scanner! AH! I LOVE these old pics... hehe! That's so fun! Maybe I should get one, too! :) And I think that's me in the last pic with you... I can tell by my mom's "House" wallpaper I finally took down for her a few years ago! Ha! Fun times! That was one of our favorite ways to take pictures! There are so many good times to remember! Love you, Han!!
Prize to Becky! You & me in the last pic, classic "Beck & Han" moment. Wait for the one sitting in the leaves! I think this is one of my better "hair-days" in jr. high school too.
Way to go Hannah! Those scanners are sure fire ways to create interesting blogs. Good job.
DAD
hey han, we missed seeing you this weekend! hope you recovered from the long run...if my knee will allow me, it would be fun to run some trails...going to be around this weekend??? thanks for sharing the pics, and happy b-day sarah!
Love the pictures, Hannah! Thanks for traveling down memory lane...
Welcome to the scanning world! It's a lot of fun, isn't it?
I love seeing these old pictures of you all. It is crazy how much some of you looked like your parents back then.
Thanks for sharing!
I dont know why it says the above comment is from anonymous... it is from me!
Hey, Han! Daddy Laddie wanted me to tell you that Sarah has the best job in the world since she works for the BEST school in the world, namely KIRKWOOD!!! Guess we can let him brag since he was Captain of the basketball team in 1949-1950 @ KIRKWOOD and they did BEAT WEBSTER GROVES in competition!! He still thinks that Kirkwood has it all over Webster! Even when his 3 children attended Webster Groves, as well as 3 of his GrandChildren!! ;o) I tried to post his comments one time before, but for some reason, they never showed up on the site...hmmmmmm.... Webster-ites couldn't have something to do with that, could they????? (kidding)
Anyway, we did want to wish Sarah a Happy Birthday and even though it's past, we hope it was a happy one! We loved the pictures on Brad's blog of Sarah's entire family. We remember them so well from the time we lived in St. Louis! They are one neat family!
Love from Houston and the "One and Only Daddy Laddie" and Mama Lou
MAJOR BOO-BOO by Mama Lou! Years in above post should read:
1945-1946 (not 1949-1950).
OUCH! I musta been thinking about getting engaged in 1949 and marrying Laddie Lee in 1950! Oh, well...everyone knows I'm not perfect, but my apologies to the "press" and to His Honor, LLS!!!
:o)
Mama Lou
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home