Hannah... here and there

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Whew!

Goals met and I did it! 1) Got up on time 2) I finished 3) and I wasn't last! Good enough for me. I ran 9 miles for Angela, and walked 1 for myself! Cool temps, nicely overcast, finished 1:43:26. Slower pace than I like, but without training I'm okay with that. (Daddy Laddie I walked mi 7 for you.. Happy 77th Birthday.. and thanks for my walk break!) I laugh because I still find myself getting somebit emotional at the finish line. Mostly because I'm estatic the good Lord still lets me run! Just a twinge of hip and shoulder pain added to that, but good stretching afterwards & wholla, ready for more..

I ran this in place of Angela, a young co-worker friend who had a stroke last week. She's a fast runner, and hopefully in for a fast recovery. My other motivation running was thinking of my sister Rachel. We used to run mornings together at Lipscomb- and she's the reason I started in the first place. Sisterly competition got me started, but I quickly found running to be a challenging and rewarding form of exercise. I really hope we can run another 5k together down the road. Once she gets her head back on, and if I keep my bones in place - we'll be quite a duo!

Upcoming runs I'm excited about- Thanksgiving, Turkey-day 6 miler in St. Louis. Ad- I'm picking you can do this with me! Also the St. Jude Half-Marathon in Memphis Dec 3rd. My good friends MaryDevan and John Felkins are running the full 26.2. They were both my cheerleaders last year, and I can't wait to do that same for them! I'll be crying all over again..

Everyone have a wonderful Sunday! My relaxing evening will be consisting of wine, cheese, and Aleve.. oh yeah.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

Hannah,

You are one awesome daughter! God has certainly blessed you and given you a second chance. When I think back to last December with you on a ventilator in Park City UT, I am humbled by how much God has answered my prayers to restore your health. We love you and very proud of you.

DAD

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Hannah! Maybe you'll inspire me to start running.....hmmm.....maybe not! (I'll just walk a few paces behind you!)Hopefully you and Rach can do some running together soon! You both are amazing! Love ya!

9:14 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

mom, remember when you'd drive behind me in the minivan for those late late-night runs? See how productive that was.. I'll start your training program when i come home. Intervals! Enjoy your walks with Abbey... I'm jealous!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home