Hannah... here and there

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

what time?

So I found out my new working hours today...and yeah, lovely mornings ahead. Think of an acronym for Han, and it might be "early riser", "morning person", "up with the sun". When my manager said 7-AM start time- I wonder if she saw me collect my jaw & eyeballs after they fell out of the floor. Doesn't initially sound too bad, but with parking, shuttle, and tunneling to get to my floor I must arrive at 6:30, leave house at 6:10, and be up by.... 5AM?!.... I do not know what 5 AM looks like. Guess I'm soon to find out. Starting, tomorrow. Goodnight.
_ _ _ _ _

My Dad is laughing and won't quit teasing... "early to bed, early to rise, makes a girl healthy, wealthy, and wise". Yeah, that helps. At least having dinn tonight with Beck & Sarah at The Cheesecake Factory was a perfect ending to the working day. Besides the morning thing- I really do love my new job. More later! I'm "supposed" to be in bed... ugh.

9 Comments:

Blogger - O - said...

So I guess this means fewer 3am posts from Hannah. Enjoy the mornings...the sunrise will be lovely over the arch. I don't recall if you like coffee, but it's probably time to begin working on that as a new addiction.

7:03 AM  
Blogger The Felkins said...

you can do it!!! do you mind calling me when you get up? since my running buddies have been taking the winter off, i am not my usual 4:50 self! and, i was not really a morning person either, but you adjust and i think you will like having done so much before 7am...it brings with it a sense of accomplishment!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I really feel sorry for you. Maybe you should start sleeping in your work clothes so you can just jump out of bed and go to work. Anyway, Time Warner Cable is horrible. The DVR keeps saying it's full, and there's only 2 hours on there. I can't record any shows! Someone is coming to fix it Friday. Is this my wake-up call that I really don't need DVR? Nah, once you've had DVR, you'll never go back. See ya Friday!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah,

My days always began with a 32oz. hot tea or iced tea, depending on winter or summer. I arrived to work early, but it took the tea to get me alert by 10:30AM. Believe me, I understand your dilemma with morning and empathize. So happy for you that you are back in St. Louis. I keep hoping and praying to get a job there, but I think Ben is praying against that......doesn't want to leave his friends! Love, Elaine

9:49 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

yes, no more 3am posts. Instead I'm trying 4:30am....I'm up!! I felt horrible yesterday, so I'm trying exercise in the morning & big cup of caffeinated tea! Anxious to finish with orientation at work, and get to my 10 floors to cover...that should keep me more awake! Just wanted to stay GOOD MORNING to my wonderful blog readers....Have a great day! :)

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4:46 AM!!!! Wow, Han...I am impressed. What does it look like at that time of day? I don't think I have ever seen it!

Do you get off earlier in the afternoon?

Glad you are "home" and getting settled. I am anxious to get up there for a visit soon!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! Are you SERIOUS!? You are getting up at 4:30? You are amazing! :) That's what Jennifer Garner used to do if it makes you feel any better and not like you're totally insane... hehe Love you Han! Keep it up girl!!!

9:48 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

Friday already?..This has gotten a little better. Art, Jennifer, and Scott are already up! (my news channel 5 friends) Workout, shower, and breakfast already down. ANd Yes, the perk of this is I do get off 3:30-4:00. Good since my brain is completely shut down by then. WOOHOOOO, Friday!!
See you Memphis friends this weekend ;)

5:45 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

i am proud that you are getting up that early - i have to get up at 5:45 and it is killing me! i was out cold at 9:30 last night. guess i am officially old!

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home